A Very Sad Story - Unsafe Treats - Loss

Dear Friends,
My heart sank today when I read about Yoda, a fellow Corgi who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge far too early in her life due to BAD treats from CHINA.  I was devastated that another Corgi family had to endure the loss of their pup due to the lack of safety controls within the pet food industry.

As a pet mom, I research labels and read reviews and try to make the smartest and safest decisions for Jozi and I would be so distraught if I caused her harm by my own hand and my hard earned money.    My thoughts and prayers are with Peggy while she deals with the loss of her Yoda. 

If you would like to read about Yoda you can link HERE to the Corgi Pals site
*These links provided are property of Corgi Pals*

All treats SHOULD BE SAFE for our fur kids! 

Here is a link to the Poisoned Pets blog - great information here!

When I have the time, I like to make Jozi's treats; either peanut butter or yogurt or other fruit or vegetable based treats.  She loves carrot sticks, so that is a staple in our household.  She also loves pumpkin and sweet potatoes, so these are also good "treats" in my opinion. 

I have never bought any chicken jerky treats or anything similar to them but I have heard of so many recalls and deaths due to these treats. 
There is also a concern not only about "where" the treats are manufactured but rather the ingredients and "where" they are obtained from and then used in the processing of these treats.  I try to stay away from any label that says anything other than "made in the USA" but I understand that The Country of Origin Labeling law (COOL) funny name for such a non-funny law that is causing death, hu?  See this article for more information on COOL and an explanation of it from the Poisoned Pets blog.  It may make you look at what you feed your pets on a new and different level....

GodSpeed, Yoda....Heartfelt thoughts, Peggy....

Peace, Love, Barks and SAFE Treats For Every Fur-kid, Forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Jozi A Comment!