12.25.2023

Christmas In Heaven for Jozi

As I sit here on Christmas Day eve, I am thankful that Jozi chose us to be her humans but I am sad that I did not get to spend a 11th Christmas with my sweet sweet Jozi girl. 

No tree this year, no lights, no Jozi Christmas pajamas or mountains of squeaky toys wrapped for a good Corgi girl to play with.  The house was empty without Corgi glitter and the stammering of those little tootsies on the kitchen floor while I cooked and baked waiting for any dropped morsel.  

The house is still so quiet. 

I saw so many posts on The Daily Corgi FB and there were so many humans missing their dear sweet fluffer butts from recent losses to those that are still lost after a long while after their pups died.  
The loss does not 'get better' and I read this quote and I'm not sure where it's from but it speaks volumes for me....

"Time doesn't heal, it just makes room."

This is so very true and so very important.  
The loss does make room in our hearts so that we can move on, carry the loss, compartmentalize the memories, forge ahead with the daily duties of life and keep walking down that road.  Not to the next adventure, but to the next stop.  The stop that will ultimately end for all of us.  
I hope that I get to see my sweet sweet Jozi girl again...I just want to rub that tummy, stroke that special spot that runs between her eyes that always mesmerized her and comforted her.  

I was going through photos of all the past Christmases with Jozi and decided that I needed to post them here...



















































Peace, Love, Barks and Treats Forever, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Jozi A Comment!